The Wedding Present Cup: Last 32 knock-out round - ties 5-8

                       



What Have I Said Now? v It's For You

I have my reservations about WHISN? (although I agree that the ending is magnificent), but I always knew my vote for 'It's For You' would be in vain.

13 What Have I Said Now?
 4  It's For You


Perfect Blue v Kennedy

I don't suppose this result will surprise anyone on the panel (even the handful who voted for 'Kennedy'), although it might be a bit of a shock to the more casual TWP listener. A last 32 finish feels about right for TWP's most famous song, I think.

12 Perfect Blue
 5  Kennedy



Heather v Take Me!

A tough choice for me, and, I imagine, for many of the judges. It was neck-and-neck throughout, and with only Gav M's vote to come in, the score was 8-8. However, given that, in the previous stage, he gave Heather 25 and Take Me! zero, there was only one way the final result was going to go...

9 Heather
8 Take Me!


Don't Talk, Just Kiss v Flying Saucer

DTJK has done extremely well for a b-side, and deservedly so. This was another that went right to the wire, but Flying Saucer pulled ahead right at the end.

 7  Don't Talk, Just Kiss
10 Flying Saucer





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wedding Present Cup: Stage 1, Group 9

The Wedding Present Cup: Index / Introduction

The Wedding Present Cup: Stage 1, Group 1