The Wedding Present Cup: Last 32 knock-out round - ties 13-16

                        



Four rather one-sided affairs to finish off the last 32...


You Should Always Keep In Touch With Your Friends v Corduroy

Although 'Corduroy' managed a respectable 230 points in the second stage, the fact that YSAKITWYF acheived the biggest winning margin (111 points) meant that this one was a bit of a foregone conclusion.

12 You Should Always Keep In Touch With Your Friends
 5  Corduroy



Silver Shorts v Don't Touch That Dial

The Hit Parade a-sides have not, in general, fared as well as I thought they might (on my blog ranking, I had seven of them in my top 50 and four in the top 25). 'Don't Touch That Dial' hit a winning total with several votes yet to come in.

 5  Silver Shorts
12 Don't Touch That Dial




Interstate 5 v What Did Your Last Servant Die Of?

A predictable hammering for a decent, if fairly unremarkable George Best track.

13 Interstate 5
 4  What Did Your Last Servant Die Of?




Dare v Give My Love To Kevin

I think most of us have at least a certain amount of affection for 'Kevin', but it was always going to struggle here.

15 Dare
 2  Give My Love To Kevin



All of which leaves us with this line-up for the last 16:

  • My Favourite Dress v No
  • A Million Miles v I'm Not Always So Stupid 
  • What Have I Said Now? v Perfect Blue
  • Heather v Flying Saucer
  • Dalliance v Carolyn
  • Come Play With Me v Bewitched
  • You Should Always Keep In Touch... v Don't Touch That Dial
  • Interstate 5 v Dare

A few stats to follow...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wedding Present Cup: Stage 1, Group 9

The Wedding Present Cup: Index / Introduction

The Wedding Present Cup: Stage 1, Group 1