The Wedding Present Cup: The Final! (Part 2/3)

                            



Scores after the first round of the final:

41 Dalliance

37 What Have I Said Now?

31 My Favourite Dress

27 Dare


Round 2

My Favourite Dress v Dalliance
This tie saw the most entrenched views: only one judge (John) made it a draw. 11/17 judges called this in Dalliance's favour, and once again only Johnny gave MFD a 4-0 victory. Keg was also rooting for MFD (along with WHISN?): 'I've always rolled my eyes when "Dalliance" keeps topping fans' polls. I mean, it's no "Le Bikini" is it?' Gav M took a very different view: 

'I could score this 0-8 for Dalliance – absolutely no competition here. The Peel session version is actually even better than that on Seamonsters. I remember hearing it on that Peel session – it really blew me away. I seem to recall it had a similar effect on Peel too.'

25 My Favourite Dress
43 Dalliance

What Have I Said Now? v Dare
This tie saw the greatest number of 4-0 scorelines (eight), five of which went in favour of WHISN? One of those came from Joanna, on the basis that the 'lyrics are just perfection and that's all there is to it.' 'It's difficult to separate them,' thought Ian, 'perhaps we needed extra time and pens.' 

41 What Have I Said Now?
27 Dare


Scores after the second round:

84 Dalliance
78 What Have I Said Now?
56 My Favourite Dress
54 Dare





The conclusion will be posted tomorrow...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wedding Present Cup: Stage 1, Group 9

The Wedding Present Cup: Index / Introduction

The Wedding Present Cup: Stage 1, Group 1